Tuesday, August 7, 2007

God's Goodness Comes In Many Ways

As the start of the school year comes I wanted to share a moment of God's grace with everyone. The prayer has been this summer for a break, as the monetary side of seminary has been beating down on us lately.

Well I ran into one of the brothers from my Spiritual Formation group at DTS yesterday and found out whats been going on in his life. D. B., aka the Buzz, has recently started to pastor a church in the San Antonio area. I was truly happy for him as I knew that God was going to and will use him greatly. He is a good man who loves God deeply and it shows in his words and works. Well Buzz expressed that he wanted to begin supporting us as a missionary family through the church.

I was humbled and crushed by the situation. My pride was screaming,"No!" But, on reflection I have to crush my pride and step out of the way and let God work through this mans obedience to what God has laid on his heart. Buzz God bless you.

Secondly, I also received word this morning that I will be receiving a thousand dollar scholarship for the up coming semester which will immediately ease some of the burden on the family.

Lastly I will be teaching a class to lay people at DTS this fall on World Religions for five weeks. Pray for me. I have a lot of work to finish in a very short time.

Thank you Lord for your grace.

No comments: