Monday, June 18, 2007

Time Is Short.

Hello,

I received news this morning that my Grandfather, affectionately known as Peter Rabbit, has passed away. hew was well into his 80's and I can praise God for his long life and the person God used to bring my mother into the world. With out peter Rabbit there would be no John Wesley Bray II and no Caitlyn or Tre'. While I have not spent much time with him, my heart still mourns knowing that his passing is another reminder that right now sin still has a grip on this world. We all still die. How long Lord will this go on?

Psalm 89:46-48
How long, O Lord? Will you hide yourself forever?
How long will your wrath burn like fire?
Remember how fleeting is my life.
For what futility you have created all men!
What man can live and not see death,
or save himself from the power of the grave ?
Death is the one constant for all people. Black, white, male, female, young, old. It is the great unknown. While all worldviews and religious system claim to have the answer, only one is consistent with reality. The Christian worldview, from it's theistic perspective, can stand the scrutiny of it's harshest critics. Later posts will give more details into why I believe it but in the face of my families loss, I want to encourage those that are born again believers to pour yourselves out in service to those who do not know Jesus as their Savior and for those that are not safe in His arms to not rest until they have searched for the truth with all they have. God says:
Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Thank you Lord for his life. Thank you Grandpop, for the love you showed me. I love you.
Grace,
John

No comments: