Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Please get this book!!!!!!!!

Please what ever you do if you are a Christian parent and want to teach your children in the way of the Lord, get this book!

Rediscovering Catechism: The Art of Equipping Covenant Children by Donald Van Dyken



This book gives a history of catechising, and tells the why of the art. It is a wonderful read, short and to the point. I am glad I picked it up at the book sale at Theological Pursuits a few weeks ago.

Even though it is from a covenant standpoint it is still great work. I am still looking for that dispensational catechism. Lord help me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

again...I'm willing to help you develop that Dispensational Catechism. My dispensationalism leads me to a "free-grace" soteriology and belief in the Messianic Congregation as a legitimate expression of the Jewish side of the Body of Christ/Messiah. The Catechism doesn't have to reflect those particulars as long as it does not disparage them either. If you're cool with that, let's get to work...
Joe
joseph-dot-f-dot-howard-at-gmail-dot-com